Stubb's House

Thursday, June 26, 2008

He Can't Be Our Pastor!





He guys let me run this past you and see what you think.

I have a friend that goes to a church that is looking for a pastor and he has a friend in that church who's brother is a preacher, but they church will not allow him to come in view of a call because he is related to a member. What do yall think about that??

I think it is weird, what if they had a pastor and family wanted to join the church, are they going to tell them they cant because he is related to them?? I would like to here what you guys think

7 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger abainfrance said...

    Sounds like the church or some members had a bad experience in the past where the pastor was related to someone in the church.

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Stubb82 said...

    I thank so, who knows?!?

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger Big J said...

    Jason has to agree with Jason...I think they have had a bad experience in the past. Also, I think some take the scripture in John 4:44 out of context, where the Lord said, "For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honor in his own country."

    Personally, I wouldn't want to pastor my family. They are a bunch of heathens...it would be worse than pastoring you and Matt! Ha! Ha!

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Stubb82 said...

    you should be thankful that you never had to pastor me, Matt has, so feel sorry for him! :)

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger Mike Wilkes said...

    Big J.
    You big dope. Be careful some of you family might read this

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Leland Acker said...

    "For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honor in his own country."

    Last time I looked, none of us were prophets.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Bro. Matt said...

    I'm still receiving treatment from pastoring Daniel.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home